7 Oct 2015

The Best Lipsticks for a Red Wine Hangover



The best cover ups for a phenomenon I've dubbed "Red Wine Lips"


Recently I've moved into a slightly more adult phase in my life I like to call 'enjoying a nice glass (or bottle) of red on Friday Nights". I've never really been into red since recently, and I think my week-long stay at a french villa surrounded by vineyards may have had something to do with this.

Ever notice though, after a night of a few too many glasses, you get the 'Red Wine Lips?' You know what I'm talking about. That red stain from where the glass hits your mouth, that for all the amount of cleansing and scrubbing, just won't come off. 

My solution? Cover it up. There's three contenders for this make-up trickery

Topshop Lips in Inhibition


 A lovely purple tone which is great for a dramatic "Look at my lips instead of the bags under my eyes' effect.

Clinique Lip Pop in Passion Pop


You can't go wrong with a classic red, and this one's super moisturising too, great for if you're suffering from that morning-after chapped lip

Elizabeth Arden in Raspberry



My favourite of the bunch, I love a colour which is exactly what it says on the tin. Raspberry is 
lovely pinkish red hue, which is easily worn as an everyday lip.


  Which is your favourite shade?

Follow on Bloglovin

DON'T FORGET, YOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This was such a clever post I really enjoyed it :)
    The Clinique lip pop is gorgeous, it has gone straight onto my wishlist.

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the Clinique lip pop! Sometimes I have trouble with certain types of Clinique lipstick though. Like it catches in the lines of my lips and makes me look old. But not all of them do it...looks like this one doesn't. Did it last long?

    ReplyDelete

© The Pretrender | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig