6 May 2015

Dishing the dirt: Foundations


Which foundation is the best for your skin?


I think my foundation collection could surpass any other. Seriously, it might end up in a museaum, or the Guiness World Records some day. The downfall of such an extensive hoard of bases is that I'm always trying to decide which one to wear on a daily basis. The struggle is real. The bonus is, that now I'm well versed in which foundations are the right one for when my skin is dry, or spotty; if I want something long-lasting; or if I want a dewey, or matte finish.

The Best Foundation For Dry Skin
Hands down the new Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue is my dry skin saviour. I'm cheating a little here, as it's less of a foundation and more of a 'tinted gel', but don't let that put you off as it's actually got really decent coverage (as in, it pretty much covers my monster chin spots). For you gals that love a statistic - here's one that will knock you out of the park - studies show after one week of use skin hydration improved by 215%. Wowzer. Personally I love this foundation for days when my dry skin is TOO MUCH to handle - though I do find that a little re-application is necessary to last me the entire day.

The Best Foundation for Oily Skin
If oil is your issue, I've found Maybelline's Dream Flawless Nude amazing for covering that a shiny nose that Rudolph would be jealous of. It's a super light liquid formulation, which a special 'dropper' (personally I'm not a fan, I just shove a bit on my hand and get busy with a buffing brush). It gives a really nice semi-matte, almost powder-like finish, without looking cakey at all.

The Best Foundation for a Long-Lasting Base
If you want something thats gonna last you morning till night, the Clarins Everlasting Foundation+ . I already reviewed it here;but here's a recap. Fab coverage, lovely dewey finish - lasts you all day with no touchups required. Perfect for if you cba with carying makeup in your handbag.

The Best Foundation for Coverage
Clinique's Beyond Perfecting manages to combine both a foundation and concealer into one bottle. How this wizardry is acheived, I'll never know, but I will tell you this - if you've woken up with three huge zits on your chin, and looking in a mirror makes you want to hide under the duvet and never leave the house (as I did earlier this week), this foundation will do a grand job of hiding the evidence. More is less with this - and always remember you can build it up, as going in heavy-handed gives a less natural finish.

The Best Foundation for a Dewy Finish
Charlotte Tilbury's Light Wonder Foundation has the most amazing glowy, dewy finish to it. As far as coverage goes, it's far from the greatest in this list, but it's amazing for hydrating and illuminating the skin. I love wearing it on 'light' make up days - and combining it with the Bronze and Glow gives the most amazing candlelit look to the skin.

The Best Foundation for a Matte Finish
If you prefer things on the matte side, Estee Lauder's Double Wear is the one for you. The coverage is medium/full, and it gives a lovely matte, soft-focus finish that lasts mostly all day. Like the Clinique, less is more with this, and before you buy get colour matched, as it can have quite a 'heavy' look.

Have you tried any of these foundations? Which one is your favourite?



Follow on Bloglovin

DON'T FORGET, YOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I really want to try Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, I've read so many good things!

    Jenny | That Northern Gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to have to see if the Maybelline one comes in my colour as my skins so oily at the moment! I do love double wear but mostly only wear it for nights out as it can be too heavy for everyday x

    www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm absolutely useless with foundations! I know nothing so t his was a great read. I'm gonna save my pennies and try out the Clarins or the Estee Lauder one i think!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hording foundations too! My favourite at the moment is the Estee Lauder, only recently using it but I do love it. I love the Benefit BB Big Easy as I have combination skin and it really works well with my oily zones! I also love the Bare Minerals skin foundation for winter weather, as it goes on light, but covers really well :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© The Pretrender | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig