18 Apr 2015

How to do Blue Eyes without looking like a knob


One of the hardest trends of SS15 cracked through the power of GIFs...

Blue eyes are one of the biggest trends this summer. But bar that brief period in 2007, I don't think I've actually dared tackle the trend in my lifetime. So I grabbed a few of this season's new releases and experimented until I cracked three easy ways to wear it...

Number 1: The Under-Eye Liner


Grab a blue kohl pencil - I used Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay-In-Place Eyeliner - and draw a thin line under the bottom lashes. Take a smudging brush and smudge the line slightly. Voila!

Number 2: The Powder-Eyeliner


Take a blue eyeshadow and a small shading brush -I used a Make Up Revolution palette and Real Techniques Shading Brush - and brush a small amount of pigment around the eye. Winner!

Number 3: The Whole Hog


Take a creamy eyeshadow pencil -I used the Elizabeth Arden Sunkissed Pearls Cream Eyeshadow - and blend it in the whole top lid, adding a little around the bottom lashes. And, done!

Have you tackled the blue eye trend yet? I'd love to see your posts - leave a link in the comments!

Follow on Bloglovin

DON'T FORGET, YOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Haha this is amazing!! I love wearing navy liner in summer :) xx
    www.surelychar.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gifs in the post!! I still don't think I'm onto the bright blue trend just yet haha
    Estelle x - Let Me Go xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really want to try a navy eyeliner!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genuinely just followed you because of the blog title <3 I love blue eye makeup, and I love your gifs!

    Milly // Mini Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED the gifs! I'd love to try a pop of blog underneath my eyes but eeeergh I have bright green eyes so it might start looking a bit mermaidy!

    Georgina
    foxonthehunt.com - smashbox palette giveaway ends midnight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to wear navy eyeliner all the time, might have to start again after reading this. BTW I loved the gifs xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the the best title for a post I have ever seen haha. So true though, there's is always a risk of becoming a 00's throw back with blue eyeshadow however, you have pulled it off perfectly. Loving the navy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have brown eyes and I don't think blue would work for me. I do, however, want to try the purple trend :D

    Ayre

    ReplyDelete

© The Pretrender | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig