9 Dec 2014

Glossy Box November Review


Now that I've had a month to try and test November's Glossy Box, here's my thoughts...

So November heralded my first foray into 'Beauty Boxes'. You must have been living under a rock if you don't know the concept - each month a selection of both full-sized and tester products pops through your letter box, opening your beauty world up to brands and products you might not normally think to use.

Here's what November's box had to offer:

Umberto Giannini 'Frizzi Miracle Worker'


The first full sized product is this hair serum by Umberto Giannini, which I instantly knew I was going to love. My hair is the epitome of frizz - it's thick, it's coarse, and anything with Argan Oil works wonders on it. This turns my hair from a Medusa-esque mess into supermodel-sleek locks. And it smells incredible! I will definitely be looking into the rest of this range.

Monu Skincare Soothing Facial Oil 

I've never really been convinced by face oils - I know a lot of people swear by them but as my skin used to be a hotbed of congestion and acne, I tend to steer clear of anything oily. But I gave this one a try - it's a warming facial oil that you massage into the skin. It make my face quite soft afterwards, but I'd use this as a once-in-a-while treat to perk up dry skin. 

H20+ Face Hydrating Treatment

This is a hydrating gel which claims to minimize the appearance of fine lines - not something I'm worried about yet, but I love a good hydrating product, and this gel feels amazing on the skin. I used it at night after my skin regime and it really helps stop my skin feeling dry and tight after cleansing. A thumbs up from me!

Lollipops Eye Pencil and Burt's Bees Lip Shine

Two full sized make-up products were included this months. Lollipops is a French brand I'd actually never heard of before, which was nice as I love discovering new make-up ranges. The eye pencil is a 'twisty' one, so there's no need to sharpen it, which immediately gets a thumbs up from me. The effect is quite a subtle natural look, so I think this liner is great for adding to a smokey eye look.

Onto the lipgloss, which to be honest, was my least favourite this month. I'm not a fan of shimmery, liquid glosses, I much prefer a matte lip, and this product was just too sticky and shiny on the lips for me.



So there we have it! The November Glossy Box. What did you think of last month's offerings?

DON'T FORGET, YOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Pretrender | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig