18 Aug 2014

#MJDAISYCHAIN




Sometimes, the skyrocking rent prices, stuffy overcrowded tube journeys and constantly bumping into to tourists that make London living a nightmare is worth it. Because when amazing pop ups like Marc Jacob's Tweet Shop come around, it's just a case of jumping on that overcrowded and stuffy tube, rather than a six hour trip on the mega bus (which is a part of my past that I try not to think about too often!)

In this case, the Marc Jacobs pop up was well deserved of all the fanfare it had been given. The concept was clever - tweet using the #MJDAISYCHAIN hashtag and get goodies including perfume samples, keychains, yummy macaroons and manicures. As I work in social media, I found the 'tweet shop' idea totally revolutionary. MJ have taken what was essentially a press launch, and opened it up to the public - and by getting them to tweet for samples and goodies that most launches hand out, they've generated a vast amount of publicity and skyrocketed their social media presence. 

Better yet, those who tweeted the most creative snaps had the chance to win full sized bottles of the Daisy scent and MJ accessories - which was enough to send London's most fashion conscious to Covent Garden in their droves. I went, armed with my Iphone and Carlee from Style and Seek to try and blag the coveted Marc Jacobs handbag. Sadly, I was not successful - but it didn't mean I didn't have fun trying! Our snaps got sillier and sillier until I ended up in the shop front window...thanks for the LOL's MJ!










SHARE:

6 comments

  1. such good idea an i love this perfume! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing concept, I've seen so many blog posts and instagram shots about this too so it's definitely gone down well! :)
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had tons of fun. Love the concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful photos! seems like a great event

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // blog sale

    ps. check out my £300 RayBan and beauty goodies giveaway! click here.

    ReplyDelete

© The Pretrender | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig