9 Apr 2014

I dunno about you, I'm feeling 22



"I threw down my dull dark jean and cardigan combo and said, 'Fuck it, I'm going to wear leggings as pants'"


Sometimes, I'll be on my way home from work on a Friday night, wanting frankly nothing more than to go home, have a cuppa and go to bed, and I'll realise how bloody boring I feel.

Feeling aged beyond my years is something that seems to have seeped into my wardrobe over the past few months. Sensible shoes and comfy knitwear are always the pieces my half awake, bleary eyed self grabs first thing in the morning.

I have to remind myself a lot of the time, that I'm only 22 years young*, and I don't need to be making my retirement plans just quite yet. So this week I threw down my dull dark jean and cardigan combo and said, "Fuck it, I'm going to wear leggings as pants". A fashion choice which to me, can only be attempted whilst feeling adventurous, daring, or perhaps a little bit drunk, but that oozes cool and confident if pulled off correctly.

I stand by my view that leggings as pants should only be attempted if the pair in question are of the printed variety, so this Bank checked pair are perfect for the job. Adding a plain top, a splash of colour and some quite frankly, awkwardly uncomfortable but 'oh my god, they look so hip and cool' cut-out boots and my outfit was good to go - straight into a cocktail bar! Sorry brew and Breaking Bad, things just weren't working out.

*At this moment of writing I may or may not have blasted Taylor Swift and danced around like a loon for a good five minutes.**

**Ok you got me, I totally did.




 Top, Leggings, c/o Bank
Hat, Primark
Shoes, River Island

If you're a fan of The Pretrender; please click the image below and nominate me for Best Fashion Blog!


Don't forget, you can follow me on


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Love this combination! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute top! And I definitely love those pants!
    ~Zhenya
    http://beingzhenya.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that tshirt!
    http://doilookrichinthis.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© The Pretrender | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig