16 Apr 2014

Daring Double Denim


As a self proclaimed ironing board the phrase "Double D" has only ever meant one thing to me; Double Denim.



From jumpsuits at the Balmain, patchworks at Mcqueen to the sheer gorgeousness of the denim dresses at Chloe; denim burst from the ss14 Resort collections and into our wardrobes. Personally I couldn't be happier, as a jean and a tee is my lazy day (which is usually everyday) staple. 

Unfortunately in fashion, nothing's ever as easy, or as comfortable, as shoving your comfy clothes on in the morning. Not content with merely bringing the jean to the forefront of the fashion spectrum, designers and stylists alike have taken to tackling the dreaded double D.

It's essentially a 90's throwback (who doesn't remember teaming their bright blue denim jacket with a pair of bootcut jeans the same shade? Preferably teamed with a ridiculously tiny backpack, jelly shoes and a scrunchie) which means as a twenty-something I can't do the double D without having a major throwback to my pre-teens. 

I like to call this outfit the "unintentional Double Denim"; eg, spending hours putting it together in the hopes it would look like something 'just thrown on'.





Jacket -  H&M, Tee - River Island, Jeans & New Balance - UO

If you're a fan of The Pretrender; please click the image below and nominate me for Best Fashion Blog!


Don't forget, you can follow me on

SHARE:

1 comment

© The Pretrender | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig