6 Dec 2013

Green Glitter Seasick


Skirt & Top - Miss Selfridge
Necklace- Topshop
Boots - Bank



Yesterday, after an enthusiastic afternoon's shopping, I bounded home with a skip in my step. 
"Look!" I called to my flatmate, thrusting handful of green sequined jersey at her.
 "Isn't this just the most AMAZING skirt you've ever seen in your life?"

Her response: "It looks like someone's seasicked glitter all over it."

It's the awkward situation most girls have been through. Blissfully happy with a new purchase and wholly in the honeymoon phase, we bring them home to introduce them to our friends and family a bag of nerves, heads awash with questions like, "Will they like it? Will they think we make a good match? Oh God, what if they like it too much and want to borrow it?"

Time and time again I've been met blank stares, quickly covered up with a hasty, "Well, it's not the sort of thing I'd wear...", after parading out my new favourite wares.

 I've always had a deaf ear when it comes to listening to advice (You only have to look at my sentbox after a night of too many cocktails, or look at my abhorrent dating history to know I should listen to my friends more), but I think in the fashion stakes, it's perfectly acceptable to dance to the beat of your own drum, green glitter seasick or not.



Skirt & Top - Miss Selfridge
Necklace- Topshop
Boots - Bank

Don't forget, you can follow me on


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love that mermaid skirt! My sister always hates the clothes I buy, but I just go my own way :)

    ReplyDelete

© The Pretrender | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig