12 Jun 2013

In which I lament my awful eyesight.


If you're a regular reader of my blog you've probably heard me moaning about my eyesight. If not, here’s a quick update – it’s TERRIBLE.

I started wearing glasses when I was around 15 or 16, and since then it’s been a tumultuous journey downhill.

At first, I only ever needed glasses at school, to read the board if I was sat near the back, or if I went to the cinema. Seven years later and I’m finding myself squinting to read subtitles on the TV, and genuinely having to ask people the time at work because I can’t read the little numbers on the clock.

I suppose I only have myself to blame. As a teenager I was overly stubborn about wearing my glasses when I needed too. Luckily I’ve gotton over that vanity now, but it’s still SO annoying when I realise I‘ve left them in the car, or at home when I really need them on my face.

I have considered lenses so many times before, but I can’t get over the horrible feeling of having to put something in your eye every morning. Laser surgery might be an option when I win the lottery, but even then I get shudders thinking about letting someone poke around my eyeballs.

Until then, I might invest in one of those glasses chains, so  I never leave mine in a stupid place again.
If you struggle with your eyesight like me, Optical Express has a great choice of Glasses, Lenses and also offers treatment for eye issues like Optical ExpressCataract Treatment
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ech, totally feel your pain on this. I'm pretty much blind without my lenses. But I'd totally recommend soft contact lenses - I've been wearing them every day for almost 11 years with no problems, and sticking your finger in your eyes loses is ick-factor after the third day or so!
    Betti xx
    www.torchthetreasure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wearing glasses since I was 11! So far, it's not that bad as I only need them when I use the computer or in class... but I'm hoping to invest in contact lens but am a bit scared about putting them in/taking them out :P

    ReplyDelete

© The Pretrender | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig