29 Apr 2013

Confession.

Confession time. 
I am a geek. Not in the ironic, statement tee wearing, fake glasses flashing way, but in a proper "oh my god did you see the new Thor: The Dark World" trailer way. It's time I properly confessed this. This is me, baring my true self. I am, as my boyf would describe me, "an absolute loser". I went to go see the last Harry Potter at midnight and totally regretted not dressing up. I got seriously offended when I went to the cinema to see Iron Man 2, and my date suggest I might be happier going to see the latest rom com. Needless to say, there wasn't a second date. I don't get annoyed when my boyf plays video games for hours on end, I actually get really into them too - who else thought the new Tomb Raider was all kinds of awesome? I signed up to Pottermore early and didn't get dissapointed when I didn't get Gryffindor house (I've got wit beyond measure apparently). I watch Doctor Who, not only for Matt smith but for the wobbly wobbly timey wimey spacey wacey aspects too. I'm close to being a female version of the guys from big bang theory if I don't watch out. But oddly enough I find myself caring less and less everyday. I'm finding the importance if being your yourself , and in my case , if it means I'm the best dressed person at Comic Con that's fine with me. 



My names Amy, and I'm a geek and proud of it. 
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. i love this post!
    i too, signed up early for pottermore, proud hufflepuff [as i always suspected]. i geek out about sci fi novels and tv shows. and i love watching my bf play bioshock and trying to figure out what the hell is happening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh my gosh, I could NOT keep track of the latest bioshock. Way over my head.

      Delete
  2. This post is brilliant. I too am a fully paid up member of the geek squad. One word Firefly. I've even posted my first sunday supers make up series. Really it's just to get Cosplay on my blog without looking too fancy dress. New Tomb Raider was awesome but I'm still trying to get my world completion in Guildwars 2. Long live the Geek. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha "fully paid up member of the geek squad" LOVE that phrase.

      Delete
  3. I really liked reading this, brief and to the point. You should always be proud of who you are. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you I'm a sucker for Sci Fi, so much indeed that I made a jewellery collection inspired by Game of Throne. Have a look and tell me what you think.
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SlinkyLinksJewellery?section_id=13380515

    Melodie X

    https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SlinkyLinksJewellery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have a look, thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  5. Me too!! I'm sucha geek! I love superheros most of all, <3

    ReplyDelete

© The Pretrender | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig