1 Mar 2013

Friday Fashion Icon: Louise Gray


Louise Gray has fast become a big name during Fashion Week. Born in Scotland, she studied at The Glasgow School of Art before heading to Central Saint Martins for her MA. Her trademark design features are her lavish use of colour and texture and print, and clashing these all together to create a crazy, quirky unique look.
Unique is the key word when discussing her A/W13 collection which was shown last week. There was the usual storm of colour pattern and texture one comes to associate with Louise Gray, but also a concentration on reuse and recycling.
The looks were accompanied by the most unconventional accessories, headwear made from old plastic bags, rings and pins made from rolls of toilet paper, duct tape bangles, and tinfoil belts – not something you’d catch me wearing, but it was certainly  a talking point throughout the week!
 I was lucky enough to see Louise’s designs first hand at London Fashion Weekend. We had tickets to a catwalk show, and I was so happy to find out what show we were seeing!








It was the S/S 13 collection, which I am a huge fan of, and I’ve reviewed before. I’d never been to a fashion show before, and there are no words to describe the experience, it’s something everyone should go to if you ever get the chance!
Louise Gray has always been a favourite of mine; I loved the make-up line she created for Topshop, and I really hope she does another high street collaboration soon so I can get my hands on more of her designs!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Pretrender | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig