11 Jan 2013

I'm Alive!

It has been forever since I have posted, and I apologies for this. I went home back to Lincoln for Christmas, and stupidly forgot my camera charger so I couldn't take any outfit posts! I've also been in a post-Christmas food coma. I've spent the majority of my break eating cheese and watching kids films. It's been divine.

Happy 2013! I've just about got over the fact that the year is not only an odd number,but number 13. I hope everyone had a fun new years that they can remember properly - after the 6th glass of wine mine got a little hazy.

As for new years resolutions - I've actually (kind of) made one this year. Unpacking my suitcase back up north I was actually suprised by the amount of clothes I have in my wardrobe that I just don't wear. I'm a huge impulse buyer, and there's so many things I've bought, worn once and then forgotten about.

No more!

I've given myself (shock-horror) a self-imposed clothing ban. That's right. With wanting to move to London after I graduate in the summer I need to find a way to save money. I know there's no way I'd be able to keep this up all year, so I've given myself until I finish uni in May - because fingers crossed I'll be having a lot of job interviews after that, and my formal wear currently consists of a single blazer.

How can a fashion blogger blog if she doesn't shop, I hear you ask? Well, I'm just going to dive into the unknown here and hope by the end of five months I haven't just posted the same outfit a million times. 


A small selection of what I've got to work with.


Here are the rules:

1. No buying clothes. No, "oh but it was on sale" or "But I really needed that dip-dye jumper!" (I really do need want a dip-dye jumper, this is going to be hell.)

2. Shoes and accessories are ok. I tend to spend all my money on actual clothes, and have bare minimum to accessorize  them with. I'm hoping that through this I'll realize I don't need an entire new outfit to change things up. (This rule has nothing to do with the fact I bought a pair of Chelsea boots from Primark today. Honest.)

3. Fancy dress outfits are ok to buy. I say this because being a student, you'd be surprised at how many themed birthday parties I've attended. 

4. If I crack, and I really really hope I don't, something else from my wardrobe will be given away or sold to replace it. This is to help to stick to my guns, as I really hate getting rid of clothes.

So, please wish me luck, as this is killing me already. I've been to town with friends twice already and had to stop myself buying things. I don't think I'll be able to set foot near Topshop without weeping, and flicking through a fashion magazine will no doubt induce shopping withdrawal symptoms. I must be crazy.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I really need to impose my own clothing-buying-ban! (But it's oh-so difficult to decide to just do it, when there are so many pretty dresses, etc, out there!) Good luck with yours <3 Great blog!

    www.watchoutworldfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, it's so hard already and I'm not even a month in! thank you! x

      Delete
  2. Hahhaha I need a shopping ban as well! Just not yet........
    good luck to you though :D

    xx
    http://garfunkelatmidnight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i absolutely love this! but seriously this is crazy!! i dont know how you'll do it! i wish you all the best luck though, i know i couldnt.

    really glad ive come across your blog i like your style of writing!

    looking forward to future posts now im following you and i'd love if you follow me back.

    cant wait to see how this challenge goes!!

    love

    sophie-lm.blogspot.co.uk

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love your blog! It's going alright so far, I just have to practically run past shops I like with my eyes closed though...

      Delete

© The Pretrender | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig