26 Sep 2012

LFW Recap

Oh my goodness, it's been to long since I posted!

Last week I moved into my new place and started back at uni so I've been super busy, sorting my flat out and getting into a routine again.

So I haven't had time to take any outfit pictures, but I wanted to post about my favorite collections at London Fashion Week.


First up, is Sass And Bide!

I knew as soon as I saw the first look that I was going to love this collection.

It was modernist with emphasis on structure and simple embellishments. I love the origami like details on the dresses, which make something that could be considered as plain into so much more.

There was play on masculine and feminine looks, inbetween floor length gowns and feathered mini dresses, tuxedo-like suits were showcased. It was a monochromatic feel, with black and white featuring predominantly, with only a brief flash of orange in the middle of the show.


I love the feather effect the detail on this white dress has.


The second to last look in the show was my favorite, the strong embellishments on the top contrasting nicely with the floaty skirt.

Louise Gray

I loved the Louise Gray for Topshop collection, so I was really anticipating this show and she didn't disappoint!



There was the usual mash of colour, pattern and texture, in a way that really shouldn't work, but it just  does.

There was a focus on geometric prints this season, in all kinds of colours. The boldness and clashing reminds me of japansese street style, something that could be seen in Fruits magazine, all layered up to showcase the different textures used.


I love the print and shape of this dress.


The layering with this dress and shirt is great, with a bold clash of colours.

Topshop Unique


Kate Phelan's designs were chic and clean, with a minimalist theme, and very wearable. Unique always offers an almost grown-up alternative to Topshop's other trend driven collections. The collection was mostly black and white, with an odd splash of yellow to brighten things up. There was a focus on transparent dresses, with blocks of opaque fabric to cover up. It was very tailored, with shift dresses and mini skirts accompanied with blazers and asymmetric cuts.


This layered dress was one of the best pieces, you could wear this straight off the runway and into a party!


Here a splash of yellow brightens up a monochromatic shift dress.





So theres my review of a handful of shows at LFW. If I blogged about every show I liked, it would be never ending!

As for me, I have my driving test tomorrow so I'm going to chill out for the night in preparation for that! Expect an outfit post within the next week!



All Images from Style.com


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great picks! LOVE LOVE LOVE the first three!
    Thanks for sharing.

    http://dejafashion.blogspot.com
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the black dress....


    www.shadesofvoguish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Pretrender | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig