18 Jul 2012

Rhianna to design for River Island


It’s official! After months of speculation, the truth is out! Our favourite pop star is to design a collection for High-Street store River Island, and I couldn’t be more excited.
No one can deny Rhi-Rhi is well known for her fearless and risqué personal style, and her fashion choices always spring up high-street imitations, Topshop have even put her face on a tee-shirt, immediately creating a best-seller.

Rihanna’s no stranger to the world of designing. She designed a capsule collection for Armarni Jeans earlier this year, and the label released the design sketches she penned, anyone else think Rihanna could have a second career as a designer if she wanted? I was one among many people who lusted after the collection, but couldn’t dream of buying one of the pieces for myself.

But now us girls who are more high-street than high-end can grab a piece of Rihanna’s style. Rumours have been adrift since February, when she was seen entering River Island’s London HQ, and later in March when she confirmed she was debuting a personal clothing line. Today she released a statement on River Island’s website, expressing her anticipation for the collection. “River Island is the perfect partner for me to collaborate with and working with a British, family run business also really appealed to me. I find London really inspiring and River Island loves to have fun with clothes. I’m looking forward to working with them and creating something really special.”

Don’t grab your purses yet though girls, the collection isn’t set to be released until spring 2013.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Creative name. I like your background as well.

    Keep up the good work.

    --Travelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so curious about this collection. I love River Island :) I just found your lovely blog in my IFB group and I am now following. Stop by and follow back if you like what you see :)
    xo
    Dora
    http://adropofindigo.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait for it to come out!

      Delete

© The Pretrender | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig