2 Feb 2012

Sex and the City is back!

There’s been oodles of speculation about the SATC prequal and now the news is out. Carrie Bradshaw is set to return to the small screen. Fans of SJP may be disappointed though, as American CW network has green lighted a prequel pilot to the popular series and SATC films.
Based on Candice Bushell’s novel ‘The Carrie Diaries’, the series would follow Carries’ high school escapades set in the 1980’s. We can also expect to see a younger version of Samantha Jones, who appears in the book.
SATC prequal
SATC prequal
The big question that’s in my head though, is it going to work? I was a massive fan of the SATC tv series, but by the time I walked out of the cinema after seeing the second movie, I was left thinking, have the producers dragged this out too far? And I’m not sure how I feel about Carrie and Samantha’s shoes being filled by anyone other than SJP and Kim Cattrell.
Miley Cyrus has already expressed interested in playing Carrie, and other possible actresses include Emma Roberts, Chloe Mortez (remember Hit-Girl from Kick Ass?), and Gossip Girl’s Blake Lively.
Blake would be my best choice for the role, and I am slightly comforted by the fact that the show is said to be produced by Josh Schwartz and and Stephanie Savage, who are responsible for creating Gossip Girl, still one of my favourite shows, no matter how ridiculous the story lines get (And if anyone has seen last week’s mid-season opener, they’ll understand what I mean).
With the show not set to air until autumn this year, we’ve got a long time to wait to see this on the small screen. In the meantime, SATC prequel, yay or nay? And who do you think would be the perfect teenage Carrie?

Images from Google.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Pretrender | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig